Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dissable the Clipboard

Hi all,

Is there any way to stop all ways of copying or pasting, including CTRL+C, Print Screen, and the edit menu and whatever other ways I may not know about.

Basically dissable the Clipboard completely? I am doing this from Word if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers!

Albert

Comments

• What about temporarily renaming Clipbrd.exe to something else?

• : What about temporarily renaming Clipbrd.exe to something else?

I already tried deleting Clipbrd.exe, but I could still copy and paste just fine. I think Clipbrd.exe is just for the clipboard viewer.

Thanks for you reply though.

Cheers!

Albert

• : Hi all,

: Is there any way to stop all ways of copying or pasting, including CTRL+C, Print Screen, and the edit menu and whatever other ways I may not know about.

: Basically dissable the Clipboard completely? I am doing this from Word if that makes any difference.

: Thanks for any help!

: Cheers!

: Albert

how about subclassing GetClipboardData or OpenClipboard API calls?

you might want to try www.vbaccelerator.com 's tips section (clipboard related)

• Actually, disabling the clipboard is as simple as having your app open it. Any attempts by other applications to copy or paste through the clipboard will fail.

API call:

Declare Function OpenClipboard Lib "user32" Alias "OpenClipboard" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Long

Use:

x = OpenClipboard (Me.hwnd)

The clipboard will be locked from any (other?) forms or apps until the form whose handle was passed is unloaded. In theory, passing the desktop's handle would cause the clipboard to be locked until explorer was closed (normally at shutdown), but I have never tried that.

• Hi Leahcim,

Thanks for that idea. It is a very interesting concept, your right, it sounds like in theory that would work.

Although I dropped that project, I will keep that in mind.

Thanks for telling me that!

Albert

• No problem. I have used that particular method before (along with other annoying little items) to play pranks on friends.

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

______ || http://forcoder.org || free ebooks and video tutorials about / JavaScript Assembly C++ Objective-C Delphi Java Perl Scratch Visual Basic MATLAB R C# Ruby C Visual Basic .NET PHP PL/SQL Go Python Swift D Lua Julia ML Scheme FoxPro COBOL Awk Kotlin Hack LabVIEW Dart Clojure Crystal Ada Rust Transact-SQL Bash Apex Alice Lisp Prolog Scala Logo F# VBScript Fortran Erlang SAS ABAP / _________