Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help with Adding Records to Linked Tables from a Form

bombface6bombface6 Member Posts: 1
I have two tables linked individually to a parent table and a form with embedded subforms. Cascade updates/deletes is on. When I add a record on the form, referencing fields in the parent table, it is not adding the new record to the two linked tables. In an attempt to fix this, I added a control button, using the wizard, which saves the record - but this also fails to add the record to the two linked tables - it only saves it in the parent table.

I want to be able to add a record using the form and have that record also be added to the linked tables so I can move freely through the other parts of the form (which update fields in the linked tables) without getting error messages. I thought that was what "cascade updates" was all about (!) - but it doesn't behave the way I anticipated. Please help - I'm not a VB programmer, so please help me with adding any code (I know how to get to the code though).

Comments

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_________ [ http://forcoder.org ] free video tutorials and ebooks about \ R, PL/SQL, C, Objective-C, PHP, Assembly, Go, MATLAB, Perl, C#, Python, Visual Basic .NET, Visual Basic, Java, JavaScript, C++, Ruby, Swift, Delphi, Scratch F#, Lisp, FoxPro, Transact-SQL, Hack, VBScript, Lua, Scala, Erlang, Ada, ABAP, Prolog, Kotlin, Bash, COBOL, Julia, Scheme, Rust, Clojure, Dart, Alice, SAS, D, LabVIEW, Fortran, Logo, Awk, ML, Crystal, Apex \ ___________