Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How to develop a VB6 app for an IBM SurePOS till ?

I have a VB6 till application to develop for an IBM POS till, but don't know how to handle the physical till functions i.e till draw open, print till receipt, price customer display etc.

Does anyone know an efficient way to link VB to the physical till operations?

Thanks.

Comments

• jlegjleg Member Posts: 237
    : I have a VB6 till application to develop for an IBM POS till, but don't know how to handle the physical till functions i.e till draw open, print till receipt, price customer display etc.
    :
    : Does anyone know an efficient way to link VB to the physical till operations?
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    I am not overly familiar with the IBM POS till but have had experience with other tills and software. Most devices are driven via serial eg: customer display, printers. Output can be sent as characters to the serial port. Till draws are normally operated by a voltage pulse. Some docket printers have ports included for this purpose. An escape code is sent to the docket printer which in turn raised the voltage on the till draw line usually 24volts. Once again if you where developing your own software you could raise a line on a serial port to actuate the till draw. Most tills have some logic in them the ones I deal with store all their own PLUs, departments groups and transactions. They are also capable of driving the customer display and till draw. Its only a matter of interfacing with this till sending it codes via serial that it will respond to and collecting data as the transactions are sent back.

Hope this has helped you in some way
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

____ { http://forcoder.org } free video tutorials and ebooks about \ C#, Perl, PHP, Objective-C, MATLAB, Swift, Go, Python, Assembly, R, Visual Basic, PL/SQL, C, JavaScript, Delphi, Visual Basic .NET, Java, Ruby, Scratch, C++ SAS, Dart, VBScript, F#, Apex, Erlang, Awk, Clojure, Hack, Lisp, Scala, LabVIEW, Fortran, ML, Rust, Alice, Logo, Ada, FoxPro, Crystal, ABAP, D, Prolog, Transact-SQL, Bash, Kotlin, Julia, COBOL, Lua, Scheme \ ____________