Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Unspecified Jet DB Engine Error

LizelleLizelle Member Posts: 1
Hi,
My website has been working for months. It has all of a sudden stopped and displayed this message:
Microsoft Jet Database Engine (0x80004005)
Unspecified Error
I have checked permissions and thats in order, i have re-installed the jet engine, i have re-installed the service pack onto the server and it is still not working?
Please help. I am using Windows 2000, access 2000 and sql server 7.

Comments

• llunnllunn Member Posts: 63
    The infamous adovb.inc file.

Try copying the file adovbs.inc which should be located in the directory C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemado

Then add this line of code to the file that is making the connection to the database...

If you are using a global.asa file you can put the include directive in there. Adding this line is just a quick way to see if this is the problem.
    Lee

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

__ \ http://forcoder.org \ free video tutorials and ebooks about ( Visual Basic, Scratch, PHP, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Python, MATLAB, Perl, C++, Swift, R, Visual Basic .NET, Objective-C, Go, C#, Assembly, Ruby, C, Java, Delphi F#, Scala, Fortran, Dart, SAS, Crystal, FoxPro, Prolog, Clojure, Awk, ML, Lisp, Scheme, ABAP, Bash, Ada, VBScript, COBOL, Alice, D, Rust, Erlang, Kotlin, Lua, Logo, Hack, Apex, LabVIEW, Transact-SQL, Julia ) _______