Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Xine problems

I have RedHat 7.3. I would like to upgrade Xine. I visited the website, and I tried to install a number of packages (.rpm's). It's tough going, I'm also new to Linux. Can anyone recommend a step by step procedue? Maybe this is asking too much, but I've been trying for a couple days now to upgrade or even replace my old xine with the new version. It doesn't seem possible.

Comments

• vasuarvasuar Member Posts: 3
    : I have RedHat 7.3. I would like to upgrade Xine. I visited the website, and I tried to install a number of packages (.rpm's). It's tough going, I'm also new to Linux. Can anyone recommend a step by step procedue? Maybe this is asking too much, but I've been trying for a couple days now to upgrade or even replace my old xine with the new version. It doesn't seem possible.
    :
    :
    :
    C' on ppl...I am surprised that no one has posted a reply to you for so long...is this the way that we will get the people off the M$ stuff???

Installing with RPMs is easy enough(easy as 1, 2, 3)...all that you have to do is as root

1. rpm -q xine
    This will show you your current version of xine.

2. rpm -e "xine..."(what u get from the above command).

3. Then from the dirctory where you have stored the latest rpm for Xine
    rpm -i xine...(the version that you want to install).

And assuming that you have got the right RPM for your machine...u r done my friend.

good luck.

av.
  • mdkrickmdkrick Member Posts: 1
    try this:

Download the RPMs (586 or 686) in a new directory
    http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/~jcm/skyblade/XINE-0.9.13/

then
    su
    rpm -Uvh *.rpm

finish ;o)

you can start xine with the command "xine" ;o)
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_______ | http://forcoder.org | free ebooks and video tutorials about | C, MATLAB, PL/SQL, Java, Python, Scratch, C++, R, Swift, Assembly, Ruby, Go, Visual Basic .NET, Perl, JavaScript, PHP, Visual Basic, Objective-C, Delphi, C# Ada, Fortran, Scheme, Scala, ABAP, LabVIEW, Bash, Lisp, F#, SAS, FoxPro, ML, D, Rust, Apex, Erlang, Clojure, Hack, VBScript, Prolog, Logo, Julia, Kotlin, COBOL, Transact-SQL, Dart, Awk, Lua, Crystal, Alice | _