Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Which Search Tree To Use

atropakiatropaki Member Posts: 1
Hi friends,

: I have a file to process in which I have keys in pairs in a line like
: key1 key2 relation1
: where key1 and key2 are strings and relation is a double value. I may have up to 1 million lines and may have duplicate key lines like
: key1 key3 relation2
: key1 key2 relation1_1
: and goes on. Can some one tell me which kind of search tree (AVL, splay, ternary etc.) to use for maximum insertion and search speed.
: Reply to :
: keruru@turk.net

Comments

• DariusDarius Member Posts: 1,666
    : Hi friends,
    :
    : : I have a file to process in which I have keys in pairs in a line like
    : : key1 key2 relation1
    : : where key1 and key2 are strings and relation is a double value. I may have up to 1 million lines and may have duplicate key lines like
    : : key1 key3 relation2
    : : key1 key2 relation1_1
    : : and goes on. Can some one tell me which kind of search tree (AVL, splay, ternary etc.) to use for maximum insertion and search speed.
    : : Reply to :
    : : keruru@turk.net
    :

If insertion and search speed are the only the only criterion, then use some massive hash table (or maybe not so massive, I don't know how your keys can be conditioned).

"We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_____ // http://forcoder.org // free video tutorials and ebooks about || Visual Basic C# Ruby PHP R Delphi MATLAB Scratch JavaScript C C++ Visual Basic .NET Python Perl Swift Assembly Objective-C Java Go PL/SQL ML F# Prolog Alice Bash SAS Kotlin Scala Logo Clojure D LabVIEW COBOL Crystal Rust Scheme Ada ABAP Transact-SQL Julia Dart Fortran Awk VBScript Lua Erlang Lisp Hack FoxPro Apex || __