Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

WM_TIMER equivalent in C

sweetysweety Member Posts: 6
Hi,
1. I need to write a daemon which calls a method every 10 seconds.
In Windows I can do this by creating a hiddenwindow, and call the method in WM_TIMER message handler.

2. I need to do it in Linux with C. Hence I want to know about timer operations in C, so that I can call a method periodically.(Without wasting the CPU time)

3. Any example programs will be helpful.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• weiccoweicco Member Posts: 950
    : Hi,
    : 1. I need to write a daemon which calls a method every 10 seconds.
    : In Windows I can do this by creating a hiddenwindow, and call the method in WM_TIMER message handler.
    :
    : 2. I need to do it in Linux with C. Hence I want to know about timer operations in C, so that I can call a method periodically.(Without wasting the CPU time)
    :
    : 3. Any example programs will be helpful.
    :
    : Any help is appreciated.
    :
    :

Could you just sleep 10 second?
  • abcabc Member Posts: 443
    : Hi,
    : 1. I need to write a daemon which calls a method every 10 seconds.
    : In Windows I can do this by creating a hiddenwindow, and call the method in WM_TIMER message handler.
    :
    : 2. I need to do it in Linux with C. Hence I want to know about timer operations in C, so that I can call a method periodically.(Without wasting the CPU time)
    :
    : 3. Any example programs will be helpful.
    :
    : Any help is appreciated.

Look at .
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

_________ \ http://forcoder.org \ free ebooks and video tutorials about < PL/SQL, C, Ruby, Swift, Delphi, R, Go, MATLAB, Objective-C, Python, Visual Basic, PHP, JavaScript, C++, C#, Perl, Assembly, Scratch, Visual Basic .NET, Java Erlang, Apex, VBScript, D, Bash, ABAP, FoxPro, Lua, Dart, Julia, Ada, Kotlin, Transact-SQL, Crystal, ML, Logo, F#, LabVIEW, Prolog, Fortran, Hack, Scala, Scheme, Alice, COBOL, Clojure, Rust, SAS, Lisp, Awk /> ___________