Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help with a game

Hey,
I was hoping to make a pool game and i need some help with a couple of things.
-what method would allow me to use a certain point of a shape(circle)
-where could i obtain an equation as to which direction the balls would go when hit.

thanks alot

p.s if you think that this is a hard or impossible program to creat please tell me ^_^

Comments

• master__28master__28 Member Posts: 5
    : Hey,
    : I was hoping to make a pool game and i need some help with a couple of things.
    : -what method would allow me to use a certain point of a shape(circle)
    : -where could i obtain an equation as to which direction the balls would go when hit.
    :
    : thanks alot
    :
    : p.s if you think that this is a hard or impossible program to creat please tell me ^_^
    : -could you also help me with the pool cue, circling around the ball. The cue is a Line.

• Josh CodeJosh Code Member Posts: 675
    : Hey,
    : I was hoping to make a pool game and i need some help with a couple of things.
    : -what method would allow me to use a certain point of a shape(circle)
    : -where could i obtain an equation as to which direction the balls would go when hit.
    :
    : thanks alot
    :
    : p.s if you think that this is a hard or impossible program to creat please tell me ^_^
    :

It is very possible to make a game like that.

To find the resulting angles after the collision of 2 balls, involves a little physics. When the balls collide, there is 1 point on both balls that meat. The ball that was stationary before the collision will move in the opposite direction as that colliding point.

There is a rule called conservation of momentum, which basically means, the momentum of the moving ball before the collision is the same as the total momentum after the collision.

For example, if 1 ball is moving at 1 m/s, the other is stationary before the collision.

If after the collision the other ball is moving 0.5 m/s in the same direction, both balls must go 0.5 m/s to conserve the momentum from before the collision.

I'm probably not being very clear. If you have questions, please contact me.
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

______ \ http://forcoder.org \ free video tutorials and ebooks about \ JavaScript, C#, Ruby, Java, C, Assembly, R, C++, Go, Python, PHP, PL/SQL, Perl, Objective-C, Visual Basic, Visual Basic .NET, Swift, MATLAB, Delphi, Scratch Erlang, Awk, ABAP, Kotlin, Logo, Crystal, Scala, Clojure, Bash, LabVIEW, Apex, D, FoxPro, Transact-SQL, SAS, Fortran, COBOL, VBScript, F#, Prolog, Rust, ML, Alice, Julia, Ada, Lisp, Lua, Hack, Scheme, Dart \