Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Graphic programming in vb. Directx ?

{posted in Visual Basic forum also}

I've been searching for the past few days on graphic programming in vb, like game programming. 2d, not 3d.

From what I've found Directx seems to be the only way to go. Is this true or is there some sort of other graphic libraries or things I should check out. Im fairly skilled in vb, but have never had a need for snazzy graphics until now.

Any help would be appreciated (ex. links to tutorials, other ideas, sample programes.. ect).

Thanks in advance.
Nugget

Comments

• nimnul2nimnul2 Member Posts: 131
    I think you should use the DirectX from VB because VB has the built-in support library for programming DirectX. Another advantage is that you can quite simply code your graphics with DirectX, not to forget on the Web you can find a plenty of sources, tips, tricks, examples of using this kind of programming
  • williamquincywilliamquincy Member Posts: 2
    You can use OpenGL(opengl.org) and SDL(don't know where to find it) with VB. But, I think that the best thing to do is use DirectX. I like OpenGL okay for C/C++, but with VB DirectX is, imho, the only way to go
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

[ http://forcoder.org ] free video tutorials and ebooks about ( Assembly C# Perl PHP JavaScript Java Ruby R Scratch MATLAB Visual Basic C Python Go Objective-C Delphi Visual Basic .NET C++ Swift PL/SQL Lua Rust F# Awk D Crystal Erlang SAS Transact-SQL Prolog Hack ABAP Bash Lisp Logo COBOL Ada ML Fortran Clojure Julia Scala Scheme Kotlin FoxPro Alice VBScript LabVIEW Apex Dart ) ____________