Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

HALP....Extracting information before report generation...

DevoRazzDevoRazz Member Posts: 1
I am trying to take data which is in text format and manipulate it before a report is generated, but i can not seem to get this to work.

for example, i have a field called "para_num" and i want to (for example) add a 1 to para_num before the report shows me the data.

so, if i have 24 paragraph numbers, each should (using VBA code) be incremented by 1 before the report is shown.

now, do i place the module in the query or in the report for this to happen? Also, writing the code has been a hassle and has not worked yet...interfacing with the data before the report gets it has baffled me thus far.

Comments

• llunnllunn Member Posts: 63
    You can modify the data that is being pumped into the report in the OnFormat event of the report.

Lee

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_ \ http://forcoder.org \ free video tutorials and ebooks about / PL/SQL, Visual Basic, Delphi, Scratch, C, C++, Objective-C, Perl, Visual Basic .NET, Go, Assembly, C#, Java, PHP, Ruby, JavaScript, R, Swift, Python, MATLAB D, Scala, Kotlin, Lisp, ABAP, F#, Julia, Erlang, ML, Fortran, Dart, Scheme, SAS, Lua, Crystal, FoxPro, Awk, Alice, LabVIEW, Prolog, Hack, Transact-SQL, Clojure, Rust, Apex, COBOL, VBScript, Ada, Bash, Logo / _