Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How Do You Query a linked database??

TheWardenTheWarden Member Posts: 2
Here's my situation. I have two databases on SQL Server and one MySQL (see details below). I've used myODBC to create a System DNS to the mySQL database on the Windows server. I've created a link using OLEDB for ODBC to create a linked server to MySQL. The link allows me to view a list of all the tables but now how do I view the data in a particular table?

What is the syntax to query a linked server? I've tried using the four part name in a query (select * from linkname...tablename) and received the following error,

Server: Msg 7356, Level 16, State 1, Line 3
OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' supplied inconsistent metadata for a column. Metadata information was changed at execution time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

[b]Server 1[/b]
[hr]
DB: SQL Server 2000.

[b]Server 2[/b]
[hr]
DB: MySQL Database v8.19 Distrib 3.23.37.

Comments

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

______ / http://forcoder.org / free ebooks and video tutorials about { Delphi, Swift, Go, R, Java, Objective-C, C#, PHP, Ruby, Visual Basic, Assembly, Perl, Scratch, PL/SQL, C, JavaScript, C++, Python, MATLAB, Visual Basic .NET Clojure, COBOL, Lisp, Scala, Fortran, Dart, D, ML, ABAP, Awk, Julia, VBScript, Logo, Alice, Kotlin, Prolog, F#, Rust, Apex, Bash, Crystal, Erlang, Scheme, Ada, Lua, SAS, FoxPro, Transact-SQL, LabVIEW, Hack } ___