Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Good Static libraries needed

ForceForce Member Posts: 6
Hi All,

I currently looking for a number of static libraries.
I would like to add tcp/ip connections and sound to my applications,
does anyone know of any good and resonable place were I
can get static libraries offering these functionalities.

They must be compatible with all versions of windows.

Rgds
Force

Comments

• Sephiroth2Sephiroth2 Member Posts: 423
    That is not how Windows works; communications with hardware should be done via VXDs, and when it comes to things such as sound and networking, you should use the functionality that is built into Windows. These are accessed through DLLs.
    For TCP/IP, use ws2_32.dll. An import library, ws2_32.lib, comes with Microsoft Visual C++. For more information, see the Windows Sockets Version 2 API documentation.
    Sound is accessed through winmm.dll. Use the import library winmm.lib. Consult the Multimedia Audio documentation for more information.
    : Hi All,
    :
    : I currently looking for a number of static libraries.
    : I would like to add tcp/ip connections and sound to my applications,
    : does anyone know of any good and resonable place were I
    : can get static libraries offering these functionalities.
    :
    : They must be compatible with all versions of windows.
    :
    : Rgds
    : Force
    :
    :
    :
    :

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_______ \ http://forcoder.org \ free video tutorials and ebooks about // Objective-C R Scratch C# PHP Python Go Visual Basic .NET C Perl Ruby Visual Basic C++ PL/SQL JavaScript MATLAB Delphi Swift Assembly Java LabVIEW D Clojure Hack Ada VBScript Lua COBOL Kotlin Rust Scala Julia Logo Crystal ABAP FoxPro ML Fortran SAS F# Dart Prolog Transact-SQL Bash Erlang Awk Scheme Apex Lisp Alice // ____