Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Communicating through serial port

Elliott76Elliott76 Member Posts: 25
Hi, I am writing an application using visual c++ and am trying to find out how to go about sending and receiving data through a serial port...any suggestions?

Comments

• John VargasJohn Vargas Member Posts: 34
    : Hi, I am writing an application using visual c++ and am trying to find out how to go about sending and receiving data through a serial port...any suggestions?
    :

There are several options. The simplest way is to handle the port the same way as you handle files. For example, open a file called "COM1", when you write to the file, you are actually writing to the port. Some APIs (ConfigurePort, EnumPorts) can help you out for getting info about the port queue and for setting the port (baud rate, parity, hand-shacking, etc). You may want too implement a hardware hook that notifies you about serial port activity for async data arrival. HTH...John
  • mfeikmfeik Member Posts: 24
    : Hi, I am writing an application using visual c++ and am trying to find out how to go about sending and receiving data through a serial port...any suggestions?
    :

Hey, did you get it figured out? I am doing a fair bit of serial communications and might be able to help you out. Then again, if you have it down already, maybe you could help me out. If you are interested in receiving some serial comm code or possible sending some if you have it (either way) ... email me mfeik@comporium.net

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_______ < http://forcoder.org /> free ebooks and video tutorials about || Swift, Delphi, Java, C, Assembly, Visual Basic, Go, PL/SQL, Ruby, Objective-C, Scratch, Python, R, PHP, C#, Perl, Visual Basic .NET, MATLAB, C++, JavaScript Awk, Erlang, Lisp, Dart, Transact-SQL, Clojure, Scala, Ada, D, F#, Alice, Crystal, VBScript, COBOL, ABAP, Julia, Logo, Hack, Rust, FoxPro, Scheme, LabVIEW, ML, Kotlin, Prolog, Apex, Lua, SAS, Bash, Fortran || __________