Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Computer shuts off after formating hard drive

nag83nag83 Member Posts: 1
I'm trying to install Red hat linux 7.3 on my 500mhz K6-2 and it always shuts down after it formats the hard drive. I have installed 7.0 but that version will not recognize my ethernet card. If somebody could please tell me why this is please let me know. Thank you very much.

Comments

• jeweljewel Member Posts: 52
    : I'm trying to install Red hat linux 7.3 on my 500mhz K6-2 and it always shuts down after it formats the hard drive. I have installed 7.0 but that version will not recognize my ethernet card. If somebody could please tell me why this is please let me know. Thank you very much.
    :

are you shure the virus protection is disabled in BIOS? Chek that, and maybe chek the md5 sums of the iso's you'we downloaded.. maybe they are corrupt or something.. And about your ethernetcard, it aint so hard to get it up and running, try to get the latest linux and compile it inn. Well, good luck :)

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

__ | http://forcoder.org | free ebooks and video tutorials about // Perl, C, Swift, Visual Basic .NET, Delphi, Scratch, PL/SQL, JavaScript, PHP, Java, Objective-C, Go, Ruby, Assembly, C++, Python, Visual Basic, MATLAB, R, C# FoxPro, Awk, Logo, Rust, Hack, Scheme, Dart, Lisp, VBScript, Erlang, Fortran, Julia, Ada, Lua, F#, Kotlin, Clojure, D, SAS, ABAP, Apex, Bash, Prolog, COBOL, Scala, ML, LabVIEW, Transact-SQL, Alice, Crystal // ________