Best 16-bit Windows MASM Editor/Compiler/Debugger - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Best 16-bit Windows MASM Editor/Compiler/Debugger

kuphrynkuphryn Posts: 266Member
Hi.

I am learning 16-bit ASM using MASM 6.15 for DOS. I find DOS to be slow and not as user-friendly to edito source code, compiler, and debug using CodeView. I would like to know what is the best Windows programming tool that will that will compile 16-bit MASM 6.x code, support an editor, and can debug like CodeView.

Basically, I am looking for a Windows program inplace of MASM 6.x + CodeView.

I tried emu8086. It looked like a good program, however, it would not compile source code I developed for MASM 6.15.

Thanks,
Kuphryn

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    : Hi.
    :
    : I am learning 16-bit ASM using MASM 6.15 for DOS. I find DOS to be slow and not as user-friendly to edito source code, compiler, and debug using CodeView. I would like to know what is the best Windows programming tool that will that will compile 16-bit MASM 6.x code, support an editor, and can debug like CodeView.
    :
    : Basically, I am looking for a Windows program inplace of MASM 6.x + CodeView.
    :
    : I tried emu8086. It looked like a good program, however, it would not compile source code I developed for MASM 6.15.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Kuphryn
    :
    [blue]Have you tried [b]AsmDev[/b] from my site?
    You can attach any tool you like - even batch files.
    The code wizard oriented to TASM, but try it maybe it will keep up with MASM too... The navigation is really good and it has auto-complete feature like VC++ - read help file about it.[/blue]

• kuphrynkuphryn Posts: 266Member
    No, I have not tried AsmDev. What is your website?

Kuphryn
  • AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    : No, I have not tried AsmDev. What is your website?
    :
    : Kuphryn
    :
    [blue]www.codexxi.com[/blue]
  • kuphrynkuphryn Posts: 266Member
    Okay. Thanks.

I will try out AsmDev and update you on whether it is compatible with 16-bit MASM 6.x.

Kuphryn