Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Best 16-bit Windows MASM Editor/Compiler/Debugger

kuphrynkuphryn Posts: 266Member
Hi.

I am learning 16-bit ASM using MASM 6.15 for DOS. I find DOS to be slow and not as user-friendly to edito source code, compiler, and debug using CodeView. I would like to know what is the best Windows programming tool that will that will compile 16-bit MASM 6.x code, support an editor, and can debug like CodeView.

Basically, I am looking for a Windows program inplace of MASM 6.x + CodeView.

I tried emu8086. It looked like a good program, however, it would not compile source code I developed for MASM 6.15.

Thanks,
Kuphryn

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    : Hi.
    :
    : I am learning 16-bit ASM using MASM 6.15 for DOS. I find DOS to be slow and not as user-friendly to edito source code, compiler, and debug using CodeView. I would like to know what is the best Windows programming tool that will that will compile 16-bit MASM 6.x code, support an editor, and can debug like CodeView.
    :
    : Basically, I am looking for a Windows program inplace of MASM 6.x + CodeView.
    :
    : I tried emu8086. It looked like a good program, however, it would not compile source code I developed for MASM 6.15.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Kuphryn
    :
    [blue]Have you tried [b]AsmDev[/b] from my site?
    You can attach any tool you like - even batch files.
    The code wizard oriented to TASM, but try it maybe it will keep up with MASM too... The navigation is really good and it has auto-complete feature like VC++ - read help file about it.[/blue]

• kuphrynkuphryn Posts: 266Member
    No, I have not tried AsmDev. What is your website?

Kuphryn
  • AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    : No, I have not tried AsmDev. What is your website?
    :
    : Kuphryn
    :
    [blue]www.codexxi.com[/blue]
  • kuphrynkuphryn Posts: 266Member
    Okay. Thanks.

I will try out AsmDev and update you on whether it is compatible with 16-bit MASM 6.x.

Kuphryn