Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Big O Sort Questions

MongloidooMongloidoo Member Posts: 52
Merge sort takes 10 ms to sort an array of 1000 items. How long should it take to sort 8000 items?

Quick Sort takes 10 ms to sort an array of 1000 random integers. How long should it take to sort 8000 items?

Quick Sort takes 80 ms to sort an array of 1000 ordered integers. How long should it take to sort 8000 items?

Comments

• IllcoIllco Member Posts: 382
    : Merge sort takes 10 ms to sort an array of 1000 items. How long should it take to sort 8000 items?
    :
    : Quick Sort takes 10 ms to sort an array of 1000 random integers. How long should it take to sort 8000 items?
    :
    : Quick Sort takes 80 ms to sort an array of 1000 ordered integers. How long should it take to sort 8000 items?
    :

Well you can probably look up the orders of the algorithms in the book that came with the school course on the subject. I remember earlier explaining the Big-Oh notation, so search for that message (last week or so, and I believe it was for you). Also, I think you'll understand the meaning of "linear", "quadratic", and "logaritmic". If not; reply and I'll explain. But I'm not gonna answer your assignments.
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

________ { http://forcoder.org } free ebooks and video tutorials about { Scratch, Assembly, C#, Perl, Visual Basic .NET, Swift, Ruby, JavaScript, MATLAB, PL/SQL, PHP, R, C, Go, Objective-C, Visual Basic, C++, Java, Python, Delphi Logo, Fortran, Awk, ML, Erlang, D, Kotlin, Hack, Prolog, Transact-SQL, Bash, ABAP, Dart, Apex, VBScript, Lisp, Julia, Scala, Clojure, SAS, COBOL, Lua, LabVIEW, Rust, Crystal, F#, Ada, FoxPro, Scheme, Alice } _________