Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Large Bitmaps On forms

Hi - I am currently trying to print out a jobcard using a combination of a BMP file and some stuff from an access data base ontop - unfortunately the BMP file does not fit on the screen and I have tried messing with the size of it etc to no avail - I have now raised the screen resolution to 1024*768 and as the bmp file ( this file is quite intricate and really needs to be previewed before printing ) is cropped at the bottom it does not print properly (picture is cropped even in picture box)- the computer that I am going to be running this program on won't go to a res above 1024*768 so I need a speedy way of resolving this prob - at the mo I am reading about DHTML pages etc and wondering whether to print the image and the data from this blah blah - I am sure that the solution is really simple but for some reason I have a mental block ! I am using vb6 prof'
Any advise greatfully recieved -
NB Is this a bug or something ie to show the whole image?

Comments

• paulj59paulj59 Member Posts: 420
    : Hi - I am currently trying to print out a jobcard using a combination of a BMP file and some stuff from an access data base ontop - unfortunately the BMP file does not fit on the screen and I have tried messing with the size of it etc to no avail - I have now raised the screen resolution to 1024*768 and as the bmp file ( this file is quite intricate and really needs to be previewed before printing ) is cropped at the bottom it does not print properly (picture is cropped even in picture box)- the computer that I am going to be running this program on won't go to a res above 1024*768 so I need a speedy way of resolving this prob - at the mo I am reading about DHTML pages etc and wondering whether to print the image and the data from this blah blah - I am sure that the solution is really simple but for some reason I have a mental block ! I am using vb6 prof'
    : Any advise greatfully recieved -
    : NB Is this a bug or something ie to show the whole image?
    :
    You can use an Image control with the Stretch property set to True to make the BMP smaller
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_____ / http://forcoder.org / free ebooks and video tutorials about || Python, Ruby, Swift, Delphi, C++, Objective-C, Assembly, PL/SQL, Visual Basic, PHP, MATLAB, Visual Basic .NET, Java, Perl, Scratch, C, C#, JavaScript, Go, R LabVIEW, Dart, FoxPro, Logo, Scheme, D, Alice, Hack, Rust, VBScript, Clojure, Crystal, Awk, SAS, Transact-SQL, ML, F#, Apex, Erlang, Julia, Ada, Scala, Prolog, Fortran, Lisp, COBOL, ABAP, Lua, Kotlin, Bash || ______________