Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Console application

tlh9tlh9 Member Posts: 2
Hi,

I am writing a small program on addition using Console class. Whenever the codes are executed, the compiler gives me error message saying that "Sub Main was not found in Addition.Module1" where Addition.vb is the project name.

Why is the main project output missing ? I checked through the codes and there isn't any error as the codes follow exactly the same as the textbook.

Does anyone knows what's wrong ?

Regards

Comments

• shapirojshapiroj Member Posts: 3
    : Hi,
    :
    : I am writing a small program on addition using Console class. Whenever the codes are executed, the compiler gives me error message saying that "Sub Main was not found in Addition.Module1" where Addition.vb is the project name.
    :
    : Why is the main project output missing ? I checked through the codes and there isn't any error as the codes follow exactly the same as the textbook.
    :
    : Does anyone knows what's wrong ?
    :
    : Regards

I think you need to right click on the project (by going to the solution explorer) select properties and change to startup object to "Sub Main". I am not totally sure about this, but I do know I've gotten the same error message.
  • Initial_KInitial_K Member Posts: 3
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I am writing a small program on addition using Console class. Whenever the codes are executed, the compiler gives me error message saying that "Sub Main was not found in Addition.Module1" where Addition.vb is the project name.
    : : Why is the main project output missing ? I checked through the codes and there isn't any error as the codes follow exactly the same as the textbook.
    : : Does anyone knows what's wrong ?
    : : Regards
    :
    :
    : I think you need to right click on the project (by going to the solution explorer) select properties and change to startup object to "Sub Main". I am not totally sure about this, but I do know I've gotten the same error message.
    :
    Sup guys or girls,
    Yah, there should be a drop down box on the startup. Sometimes when it doesn't compile and it's not a code error, you guyz have to switch around the startup object
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

< http://forcoder.org /> free ebooks and video tutorials about // Objective-C, C#, Java, JavaScript, PHP, Assembly, Scratch, R, Python, C++, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET, Swift, Perl, Delphi, Visual Basic, C, Go, Ruby, MATLAB Julia, Ada, Prolog, LabVIEW, F#, Clojure, Scheme, Crystal, Transact-SQL, Alice, Kotlin, FoxPro, COBOL, Bash, Lua, Awk, Rust, Lisp, ML, Erlang, Fortran, ABAP, Hack, D, Scala, Logo, SAS, Apex, VBScript, Dart // _