Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Challenge for those ASP Programmers

Hi!

I've created a single login page. In which usernames and passwords are stored on table in access. My question is how can you restrict users to print some pages. depending what users is logged on, that user may be able to print or not.

How can you do that using ASP?

Enjoy!!

amolina01

Comments

• chick80chick80 Posts: 349Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by chick80 at 2002-9-15 12:14:21[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi!
    :
    : I've created a single login page. In which usernames and passwords are stored on table in access. My question is how can you restrict users to print some pages. depending what users is logged on, that user may be able to print or not.
    :
    : How can you do that using ASP?
    :
    : Enjoy!!
    :
    : amolina01
    :
    ... really, I don't know if you can do this, but even if you can it won't be so useful... if the user cannot print the page, he can always save the page and then print it offline, or simply hit the 'Stamp' key to grab the screen, open a paint program and paste it!!!
    Anyway, if ever there is a mode to avoid the user printing the page, then you can just create a cookie in which you store the "user-type" (something that means "Can print all", "Can print only some type of pages" or "Cannot print anything"), when the user logs in.
    Then you can check the cookie at print-time!

nICO

[hr]
    [italic]How beautiful, if sorrow had not made Sorrow more beautiful than Beauty itself.[/italic]
    JOHN KEATS

• pogowolfpogowolf Posts: 1Member
    I do something like this on my site. when I user record is created I check a Yes/No Column, depeding on what features a user has access to.
    like a user group setting. 'Normal', 'Admin', 'Edit' etc..
    then when I pull the name/password set to match.. I pull the user information out, and set that to an Session Var.

Then my main system reads the access levels out of the session and displayies the data accordingly.

: Hi!
    :
    : I've created a single login page. In which usernames and passwords are stored on table in access. My question is how can you restrict users to print some pages. depending what users is logged on, that user may be able to print or not.
    :
    : How can you do that using ASP?
    :
    : Enjoy!!
    :
    : amolina01
    :