Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Problem with MDI Forms and OnkeyUp/OnkeyDown Events

Hello everybody, and thank's for viewing this message!

Here is my problem!

The application that I'm developing is using the MDI Form style property!
And i want to use keyboard shortcut's in these MDI Forms!
The problem is that delphi doesn't trigger the OnKeyUp and OnkeyDown events! The KeyPreview property of the form is turned on, so i really don't know what to do since the events are not triggered!

If anyone can help me please reply to this message!
Thank you and goodbye!

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Hello everybody, and thank's for viewing this message!
    :
    : Here is my problem!
    :
    : The application that I'm developing is using the MDI Form style property!
    : And i want to use keyboard shortcut's in these MDI Forms!
    : The problem is that delphi doesn't trigger the OnKeyUp and OnkeyDown events! The KeyPreview property of the form is turned on, so i really don't know what to do since the events are not triggered!
    :
    : If anyone can help me please reply to this message!
    : Thank you and goodbye!
    :
    Perhaps the OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown are triggered in the child form. If they are you can simply send the parameters through to the main form, by calling the event as a procedure.
  • FactorSoftwareFactorSoftware Member Posts: 19
    : : Hello everybody, and thank's for viewing this message!
    : :
    : : Here is my problem!
    : : The application that I'm developing is using the MDI Form style property!
    : : And i want to use keyboard shortcut's in these MDI Forms!
    : : The problem is that delphi doesn't trigger the OnKeyUp and OnkeyDown events! The KeyPreview property of the form is turned on, so i really don't know what to do since the events are not triggered!
    : : If anyone can help me please reply to this message!
    : : Thank you and goodbye!
    : Perhaps the OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown are triggered in the child form. If they are you can simply send the parameters through to the main form, by calling the event as a procedure.
    :
    Actually that was not the problem! But on the same night that i sent this message i was able to fix it! It seems that the problem was my code, and not Delphi!

But thank's anyway! GoodBye!

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

__ || http://forcoder.org || free video tutorials and ebooks about || R Assembly Java Swift Delphi C++ Go Objective-C PHP Ruby PL/SQL Visual Basic .NET C# C Scratch Python Perl MATLAB Visual Basic JavaScript Logo Apex FoxPro Lua Awk Kotlin Scheme Transact-SQL Scala Prolog SAS Crystal ABAP F# Dart D Julia ML VBScript Alice Bash Hack Rust Erlang Fortran LabVIEW Ada Lisp Clojure COBOL || _________