Problems using the Parallel Port in WinXP/2k with this code...

_DX = PortAddress;
_AL = Byte;
__emit__ (0xEE); --> I have problems with this instruction that it isn't accepted by my computer (P3-700MHz, motherboard ASUS CUV4X) using Windows XP or 2000...

Comments

• : _DX = PortAddress;
    : _AL = Byte;
    : __emit__ (0xEE); --> I have problems with this instruction that it isn't accepted by my computer (P3-700MHz, motherboard ASUS CUV4X) using Windows XP or 2000...
    :

you won't be able to do direct access to LPT ports (or virtually any port) under NT based operating systems. You need a driver to do such things.

Do a google search for "giveio.sys" which can give programs access to any I/O ports.

-jeff!

• : : _DX = PortAddress;
    : : _AL = Byte;
    : : __emit__ (0xEE); --> I have problems with this instruction that it isn't accepted by my computer (P3-700MHz, motherboard ASUS CUV4X) using Windows XP or 2000...
    : :
    :
    : you won't be able to do direct access to LPT ports (or virtually any port) under NT based operating systems. You need a driver to do such things.
    :
    : Do a google search for "giveio.sys" which can give programs access to any I/O ports.
    :
    : -jeff!
    :

Thanks jeff, but I solved this using WinIo (www.internals.com).