Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Strange Exception

sbensben Member Posts: 17
Hi! Its me again.

I have successfully signed my applet (thanx Darius!)

I have a new problem, really annoying, no idea what to do. I have deployed my applet on my website. Simple applet, just one button that sends an email to a specified adress. But heres the problem

I I load the page in IE, and tries to send the email (using JavaMail) I get an exception:

"UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type text/plain"

The strange thing is that if I load the page in the built-in browser in JBuilder, everything works fine. Thus I suspect that something is wrong with my IE browser settings or something. I tried to search for some soulution but nothing works.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out!

//Sben

Comments

• scarfaceclawscarfaceclaw Member Posts: 4
    I think its because IE doesn't support JavaMail. It only supports a limited number of Java library (E.g.:Applet).

Sid

: Hi! Its me again.
    :
    : I have successfully signed my applet (thanx Darius!)
    :
    : I have a new problem, really annoying, no idea what to do. I have deployed my applet on my website. Simple applet, just one button that sends an email to a specified adress. But heres the problem
    :
    : I I load the page in IE, and tries to send the email (using JavaMail) I get an exception:
    :
    : "UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type text/plain"
    :
    : The strange thing is that if I load the page in the built-in browser in JBuilder, everything works fine. Thus I suspect that something is wrong with my IE browser settings or something. I tried to search for some soulution but nothing works.
    :
    : I would really appreciate if someone could help me out!
    :
    : //Sben
    :
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

__ [ http://forcoder.org ] free ebooks and video tutorials about [ Go JavaScript C Python Visual Basic .NET Java Perl Swift Assembly PHP C++ Ruby Delphi C# Visual Basic Scratch Objective-C R PL/SQL MATLAB LabVIEW FoxPro Fortran Transact-SQL ML Scala Kotlin Lisp Ada Erlang Hack D COBOL VBScript Crystal Awk Prolog Dart Logo Alice SAS Apex Julia Rust F# ABAP Bash Clojure Lua Scheme ] ___