Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need some thoughts

sbensben Member Posts: 17
Hi,

I was thinking about making a application as follows:

An applet, which connects to your different mail-servers, stores the messagaes on th web-space and you can reach it from any computer.

I thought this soundet like a good idea but then I realised that an applet only can connect to the server it came from.

Does anyone has any ideas about how I can accomplish the task?

I rather not use servlets,

Hope someone has some ideas!

//S

Comments

• DariusDarius Member Posts: 1,666
    : I thought this soundet like a good idea but then I realised that an [red]unsigned[/red] applet only can connect to the server it came from.
    :

A signed applet can do anything that it's policy allows it to, up to anything a Java application can do.

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure you'll need a server-side solution or you'll need to hack your way around Java's security (though that may not be very portable :P). Otherwise, again, I think you are SOL.

"We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion

• sbensben Member Posts: 17
    : : I thought this soundet like a good idea but then I realised that an [red]unsigned[/red] applet only can connect to the server it came from.
    : :
    :
    : A signed applet can do anything that it's policy allows it to, up to anything a Java application can do.

Okey, but how do I get an applet signed?
    (Im not an expert on applets, maybe this is a hellastupid question :-)
  • DariusDarius Member Posts: 1,666
    : : : I thought this soundet like a good idea but then I realised that an [red]unsigned[/red] applet only can connect to the server it came from.
    : : :
    : : A signed applet can do anything that it's policy allows it to, up to anything a Java application can do.
    :
    :
    : Okey, but how do I get an applet signed?
    : (Im not an expert on applets, maybe this is a hellastupid question :-)
    :
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/security1.2/index.html

"We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion

• sbensben Member Posts: 17
    : : : : I thought this soundet like a good idea but then I realised that an [red]unsigned[/red] applet only can connect to the server it came from.
    : : : :
    : : :
    : : : A signed applet can do anything that it's policy allows it to, up to anything a Java application can do.
    : : Okey, but how do I get an applet signed?
    : : (Im not an expert on applets, maybe this is a hellastupid question :-)
    : http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/security1.2/index.html
    :
    : "We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    : -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion
    :
    :

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_________ { http://forcoder.org } free video tutorials and ebooks about // R Python Assembly C# Perl PHP MATLAB Go PL/SQL Objective-C C++ Ruby Java C Visual Basic .NET Visual Basic Delphi Scratch Swift JavaScript LabVIEW Scala Dart Ada Transact-SQL FoxPro SAS Hack Apex Rust D ML Lisp Awk Lua Julia ABAP Prolog Erlang Clojure Alice F# VBScript Crystal Bash Logo Scheme COBOL Kotlin Fortran // _____