Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Wanting to learn C/C++ ... Never touched it yet, need help to start

Yeah like the title sais, I'm wanting to learn C/C++. I dont know anything about it, does anyone know where I should get started? Any website that has beginner tutorials? and wich program should I use? I got alot of questions hehe, I've learned HTML in like 1 or 2 weeks, and I got tired of building websites, so I've been looking for a "new" script to learn. I would appereciate if someone could reply, send me a massage, or email at charles_bergeron_@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance,
Charles Bergeron.

Comments

• DB1DB1 Member Posts: 1,142
    : Yeah like the title sais, I'm wanting to learn C/C++. I dont know anything about it, does anyone know where I should get started? Any website that has beginner tutorials? and wich program should I use? I got alot of questions hehe, I've learned HTML in like 1 or 2 weeks, and I got tired of building websites, so I've been looking for a "new" script to learn. I would appereciate if someone could reply, send me a massage, or email at charles_bergeron_@hotmail.com
    :
    : Thank you in advance,
    : Charles Bergeron.
    :
    :

I found it very easy to learn C++ after first getting the basics from learning C. There are tons of great tutorials around the web. BTW, I'd like a massage too... :)
  • endeavourendeavour Member Posts: 2
    HTML - Easy. C++ - Completely different!!

Hi there, you'll find that when you start out with c++, you will be learning maths operators (eg. +, -, /, *) in respect to variables.

You'll then swiftly move on to learning to use characters, arrays strings.

Once all that is out of the way - it's data structures (ways of storing and manipulating information).

This stuff is the fundamentals before moving on to deal with graphics etc... and must be your first endeavour.

Search for the 'Dev C++ compiler'. This is a great free compiler for starting out with the basics of C++. Remember, a sound understanding of the basics is the key to it all.

Once all the basics are out of the way you can start learning about object orientated programming incorporating things such as directX and MFC.

C++ is very rewarding and I recommend a good few books to get you going. Get 3 out of your local library because all books have different ways of explaining things and one aspect you don't understand in one may be made clearer in another.
    Make sure they contain exercises and do them!! The only way you learn programming is by sitting down and crunching it out on your computer!!

When you want to get serious consider getting visual C++!! It's a powerful package that will allow you to integrate your new skills with MFC and DirectX nicely. cplusplus.com will give you some nice introductions.

Anyway, good luck
  • Geeth AsokanGeeth Asokan Member Posts: 127
    Hi,

There is quite a lot of information and online tutorials on C/C++. Here is a weblink that you could try:

www.programmingtutorials.com

The above link has a lot of information on every programming language from ADA to Pascal.

Hope this helps,

• ScarecrowScarecrow Member Posts: 14
    : Yeah like the title sais, I'm wanting to learn C/C++. I dont know anything about it, does anyone know where I should get started? Any website that has beginner tutorials? and wich program should I use? I got alot of questions hehe, I've learned HTML in like 1 or 2 weeks, and I got tired of building websites, so I've been looking for a "new" script to learn. I would appereciate if someone could reply, send me a massage, or email at charles_bergeron_@hotmail.com
    :
    : Thank you in advance,
    : Charles Bergeron.
    :
    :

I'm sure you have the will to learn, but you should consider that C/C++ differ alot from HTML. I'm not sure what veterans say but I think you should learn BASIC (Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code) before trying C/C++. BASIC is a real programming langauge but it's easy to learn compared to other langauges

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

_________ \ http://forcoder.org \ free ebooks and video tutorials about | Assembly Perl Ruby Go Python Java MATLAB Visual Basic .NET R Objective-C PHP Delphi JavaScript Scratch C Visual Basic PL/SQL C# C++ Swift Kotlin Dart ML COBOL Erlang LabVIEW Awk SAS Bash VBScript Crystal Ada Hack Apex ABAP Transact-SQL Lua FoxPro Scheme Logo Lisp Prolog Fortran Alice D Rust Clojure Scala F# Julia |