gamecube

I have been programming in C++ for several years now and have an interest in programming for the GC. Anyone know what tools are out there to do this? i.e. comilors, emulators, etc. Also what language do they use to program the GC? It's not just straight Assembler is it? Anyone with some help can email me as well.

Thanks,

Justin L.

Comments

• I am in a very similar situation, i will tell you what I know.

Metroworks has released a version of it's C++ compiler for Gamcube for which you can get an evaluation version from their site as far as I know.

However, for complete NINTENDO GAMECUBE development, you must obtain the following components directly from Nintendo:

GAMECUBE Development Hardware (DDH) or GDEV-NPDP Hardware
    GameOptix installation CD, controller card and cables
    GAMECUBE Operating system CD

I have looked on Nintendo's website and they only give out this equipment to publishers and not to independant developers.

I have noticed that ActionReplay will be released for gamecube soon which has meant development in the past (gameboy and playstation) is possible.

If you do find a way then please let me know!

Good luck

:

I have been programming in C++ for several years now and have an interest in programming for the GC. Anyone know what tools are out there to do this? i.e. comilors, emulators, etc. Also what language do they use to program the GC? It's not just straight Assembler is it? Anyone with some help can email me as well.
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : Justin L.
    :
    :

• there are i few thing i have to say:
    i am thinking you dont need the burner...
    if you make the games small onof to run on a mini CD..
    well thay would have to be 2D. and the burner i know where to
    get that, but there $200... but you have to import it from japan.
    AND
    in nintendo power.. you see the developers have the porgraming screens up... and thay are not any programing L.. that we know.. thay have there own software... have you seen what some of the devopers say about it? "Game cube,makes making games like fun:)"
    well when i read it was not put into english proporly....
    well.. thats all i have to say.