Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need Urgent help!

Hi everybody,
I have to do a translator project (which translates German text to English) and Im up sh*t creek without a paddle!Two problems:

1)I need to access files(using an open dialog box,which is no problem) and then show the files (most of which are txt,or Word files)in a memobox.How can I make a file appear in a memobox?

2) Now take a deep breath,here's my second problem!I have to create a dictionary file which I want to be in another form (in a list box) which linked to the main form.I need to access and change ( add and edit words) the list box from the first form.I am going to do this by using a mainmenu item with an on-click action.I have "called" the second form in the first from.I have tried to get it to work by using "FDictionary (which is the name of my second form).Showmodal;" and "FDictionary.show;".None of these work.Is there a way of making it work?

I would be really,really,really,really,really,really,really,greatfull if somebody could help me!Thanx!

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Hi everybody,
    : I have to do a translator project (which translates German text to English) and Im up sh*t creek without a paddle!Two problems:
    :
    : 1)I need to access files(using an open dialog box,which is no problem) and then show the files (most of which are txt,or Word files)in a memobox.How can I make a file appear in a memobox?
    :
    : 2) Now take a deep breath,here's my second problem!I have to create a dictionary file which I want to be in another form (in a list box) which linked to the main form.I need to access and change ( add and edit words) the list box from the first form.I am going to do this by using a mainmenu item with an on-click action.I have "called" the second form in the first from.I have tried to get it to work by using "FDictionary (which is the name of my second form).Showmodal;" and "FDictionary.show;".None of these work.Is there a way of making it work?
    :
    : I would be really,really,really,really,really,really,really,greatfull if somebody could help me!Thanx!
    :
    :
    1:
    [code]
    Memo1.Lines.LoadFromFile(OpenDialog1.Filename);
    [/code]
    2:
    Have you added the unit name for FDictionary to the uses list of your main form?
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

______ < http://forcoder.org /> free video tutorials and ebooks about { Go, Objective-C, Python, Visual Basic .NET, Perl, C#, Swift, C, R, Assembly, MATLAB, Ruby, Scratch, Visual Basic, Java, PHP, C++, JavaScript, Delphi, PL/SQL Bash, D, FoxPro, Alice, Ada, Scala, Apex, SAS, Awk, Scheme, ABAP, Kotlin, COBOL, Prolog, LabVIEW, F#, Lisp, Transact-SQL, VBScript, Julia, Crystal, Clojure, ML, Dart, Erlang, Lua, Fortran, Logo, Hack, Rust } ______