Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need urgent help!?!?!?!?!

Hi everybody,
I have to do a translator project (which translates German text to English) and Im up sh*t creek without a paddle!Two problems:

1)I need to access files(using an open dialog box,which is no problem) and then show the files (most of which are txt,or Word files)in a memobox.How can I make a file appear in a memobox?

2) Now take a deep breath,here's my second problem!I have to create a dictionary file which I want to be in another form (in a list box) which linked to the main form.I need to access and change ( add and edit words) the list box from the first form.I am going to do this by using a mainmenu item with an on-click action.I have "called" the second form in the first from.I have tried to get it to work by using "FDictionary (which is the name of my second form).Showmodal;" and "FDictionary.show;".None of these work.Is there a way of making it work?

I would be really,really,really,really,really,really,really,greatfull if somebody could help me!Thanx!

Comments

• rezashahranrezashahran Member Posts: 21
    : Hi everybody,
    : I have to do a translator project (which translates German text to English) and Im up sh*t creek without a paddle!Two problems:
    :
    : 1)I need to access files(using an open dialog box,which is no problem) and then show the files (most of which are txt,or Word files)in a memobox.How can I make a file appear in a memobox?
    :
    : 2) Now take a deep breath,here's my second problem!I have to create a dictionary file which I want to be in another form (in a list box) which linked to the main form.I need to access and change ( add and edit words) the list box from the first form.I am going to do this by using a mainmenu item with an on-click action.I have "called" the second form in the first from.I have tried to get it to work by using "FDictionary (which is the name of my second form).Showmodal;" and "FDictionary.show;".None of these work.Is there a way of making it work?
    :
    : I would be really,really,really,really,really,really,really,greatfull if somebody could help me!Thanx!
    :
    :

For the first q :
    U must use OLE (object link & embedding) for Word Documents and use memo1.strings.loadfromfile method for text files;

your secones question is not clear; plz explain more ...

Reza

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : : Hi everybody,
    : : I have to do a translator project (which translates German text to English) and Im up sh*t creek without a paddle!Two problems:
    : :
    : : 1)I need to access files(using an open dialog box,which is no problem) and then show the files (most of which are txt,or Word files)in a memobox.How can I make a file appear in a memobox?
    : : 2) Now take a deep breath,here's my second problem!I have to create a dictionary file which I want to be in another form (in a list box) which linked to the main form.I need to access and change ( add and edit words) the list box from the first form.I am going to do this by using a mainmenu item with an on-click action.I have "called" the second form in the first from.I have tried to get it to work by using "FDictionary (which is the name of my second form).Showmodal;" and "FDictionary.show;".None of these work.Is there a way of making it work?
    : : I would be really,really,really,really,really,really,really,greatfull if somebody could help me!Thanx!
    :
    :
    : For the first q :
    : U must use OLE (object link & embedding) for Word Documents and use memo1.strings.loadfromfile method for text files;
    :
    : your secones question is not clear; plz explain more ...
    :
    : Reza
    :
    :
    You need to add a new uses statement after the word implementation, in which you use the dictionary unit:
    [code]
    implementation

uses
    DictionaryUnitName;
    [/code]
    Now you can access the FDictionary form (everything except private declared field and methods). If you use the FDictionary.Show, you can still access the main form. You can also use the mainform's unit in the dictionary unit in the same way.