Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Please Wait Page

I have an ASP page that loops through about 200 times and each loop takes about 1.5 seconds. I wanted to display a page that said, "please wait while...", similar to the one www.expedia.com uses when searching for plane tickets. I have a series of DIV's and Java scripts set up, the only problem I have is when I post to this new page it never displays the please wait page while the loops are running. I displays it at the end very briefly then it display the actual data it should. I was wondering if there was something I have to do to get the server to display the page and then continue to post. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Anjuna MoonAnjuna Moon Member Posts: 89
    I think you have misunderstood ASP. All scripts written for ASP are executed on the webserver BEFORE the actual webpage is sent to the user. What you want is a client-side script written in JScript.

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

____ \ http://forcoder.org \ free video tutorials and ebooks about \ MATLAB, Objective-C, R, Ruby, Assembly, Go, C++, Scratch, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET, C, JavaScript, PHP, Delphi, Python, C#, Java, Swift, Perl, Visual Basic Apex, FoxPro, SAS, Fortran, Scala, Dart, Ada, Rust, VBScript, Lisp, Erlang, D, F#, Bash, Julia, Scheme, Logo, COBOL, Clojure, ML, Lua, Hack, ABAP, Kotlin, Alice, Awk, Transact-SQL, Crystal, Prolog, LabVIEW \ ______________