Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Detecting Screen Resolution

Does anybody have a routine for detecting the PC's current screen resolution in VB? I have OCX's that do that at the moment, but I want to put my own little piece of code in, so that I don't have to include the OCX in the program. Thanx in advance.

Comments

• Actually, the easiest way (I know of) is to divide the width of the screen (screen.width) in twips with the numbers of twips per X pixel (screen.twipsperpixelx) and to do the same with sceen.height and screen.twipsperpixely.

: Does anybody have a routine for detecting the PC's current screen resolution in VB? I have OCX's that do that at the moment, but I want to put my own little piece of code in, so that I don't have to include the OCX in the program. Thanx in advance.

• try this

Private Type RECT

Left As Long

top As Long

Right As Long

Bottom As Long

End Type

dim vrect as rect

dim screenhandle as long

Private Declare Function GetDesktopWindow Lib "user32" () As Long

Private Declare Function GetWindowRect Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, lpRect As RECT) As Long

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

________ \ http://forcoder.org \ free video tutorials and ebooks about < Java C# Visual Basic Scratch C++ Python MATLAB Ruby Delphi Visual Basic .NET Assembly JavaScript Perl Go PHP PL/SQL C Swift Objective-C R Crystal Clojure Awk ABAP FoxPro Erlang VBScript Scala Alice Bash Transact-SQL Scheme Ada COBOL ML Logo Prolog F# Apex Kotlin Lisp D Dart LabVIEW Hack Julia Lua Fortran Rust SAS /> ___________