Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

AS400 Date problem

I'm hoping I have a problem that will be easily cleared up.

I'm using data from an AS400 dbase to display to an intranet website. I'm not having any problems with any of my fields or tables ..... with ONE exception!

The dates if not filled in on the dbase are automatically set to 01/01/0001 ... I'm using Dreamweaver MX to link up through my sql table. Anyway when i do a SQL test all date fields that have no input are being returned as 'Error getting data'. Furthermore on the server pages with date fields I'm getting;

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E21)
Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

I've tried various means of parsing through information where date fields have no input and return the non input as 01/01/0001 but to no avail. Am I missing something? I just want to be able to include records with or without dates.

Any help will be very gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Comments

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

[ http://forcoder.org ] free video tutorials and ebooks about / Visual Basic, C++, Scratch, Delphi, C, JavaScript, Perl, Java, Assembly, Objective-C, MATLAB, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET, Go, Swift, Python, R, PHP, Ruby, C# Rust, D, Hack, Scheme, Kotlin, Lisp, Awk, Dart, Crystal, ML, Lua, FoxPro, Scala, VBScript, Apex, Fortran, Logo, F#, Bash, COBOL, LabVIEW, SAS, Alice, Prolog, Erlang, Transact-SQL, ABAP, Julia, Clojure, Ada / _____