Check if FTP is up or not - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Check if FTP is up or not

Hello,

I have the following problem:
I have a website on an intranet that runs under Red Hat 7.3 I also installed Apache + MySQL + PHP (LAMP)
On this intranet there are some FTP servers running. I have made a script where people can upload the user and password and the IP of the FTP server. This gives a nice list but now I want the status as well to be displayed. Is this possible and how should I implement this? Can I do this by running a shell script or do I have to do this another way ??

Thanks !

Greetings

Ronald

Comments

• XfactorXfactor Posts: 343Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : I have the following problem:
    : I have a website on an intranet that runs under Red Hat 7.3 I also installed Apache + MySQL + PHP (LAMP)
    : On this intranet there are some FTP servers running. I have made a script where people can upload the user and password and the IP of the FTP server. This gives a nice list but now I want the status as well to be displayed. Is this possible and how should I implement this? Can I do this by running a shell script or do I have to do this another way ??
    :
    : Thanks !
    :
    : Greetings
    :
    : Ronald
    :

If I remember right, you can't open a port that isn't available. If this is the case, then just print the appropriate message.
    X
  • XSGauthierXSGauthier Posts: 13Member
    : : Hello,
    : :
    : : I have the following problem:
    : : I have a website on an intranet that runs under Red Hat 7.3 I also installed Apache + MySQL + PHP (LAMP)
    : : On this intranet there are some FTP servers running. I have made a script where people can upload the user and password and the IP of the FTP server. This gives a nice list but now I want the status as well to be displayed. Is this possible and how should I implement this? Can I do this by running a shell script or do I have to do this another way ??
    : : Thanks !
    : : Greetings
    : : Ronald
    :
    : If I remember right, you can't open a port that isn't available. If this is the case, then just print the appropriate message.
    : X
    :
    in a shell script you could use chkconfig --list, grep and cut to extract info or use a binder language like perl or awk