Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Thought I had it figured out, printing graphics again.

I can print a copy of a picture to the printer, but it requires a nested loop to copy each pixel out to the printer object. I know there has to be a better way, could anybody tell me what it would be? It probably won't make much difference, but I am running VB3.

Comments

• The reason I think there's a better way is because this method takes a very long time to loop through the entire picture, especially if the picture is bigger than an inch or so on each side.

• I don't know if this will help you or not but what

I do to print a picture is place the picture on

a seperate form with anything else I need printed

and use the statement

form.print

it's pretty fast and looks good too. The only thing

with that is you have to use a seperate form because

you have to hide the titlebar and also what I do is

make the background of the form white with just a

picturebox in it.

just a suggestion,

Mark

• I will keep that in mind, but I just got away from using a form with no border, and would prefer to not go back.

Thanks

• The fastest and easyest way to print a picture (that I found) is using the win32 bitblit API.

• Do you have the API call(and constants, if there are any)?

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

____ / http://forcoder.org / free ebooks and video tutorials about || C++, Visual Basic .NET, Delphi, JavaScript, Objective-C, Python, R, PHP, Swift, C#, C, Scratch, PL/SQL, Visual Basic, MATLAB, Go, Perl, Java, Ruby, Assembly Kotlin, Awk, F#, Hack, LabVIEW, Clojure, Lua, Fortran, ML, Transact-SQL, Erlang, Alice, Julia, Prolog, Ada, Crystal, FoxPro, VBScript, COBOL, Scheme, Apex, Dart, Lisp, ABAP, Logo, SAS, Bash, D, Scala, Rust || _________