Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Printer.FontSize = doesn't work, does it?

I am attempting to create an app that needs to be able to change font size of the printer. If I can't figure this out, I might have to do a major rewrite of the entire code, and I REALLY don't want to do that. I wrote a small function to try to figure this out:

For I = 1 to 20

Printer.FontSize = I

Printer.Print CStr(I)

Next

This printed 1 through 20 all in the same font size. Then, I tried:

For I = 1 to 20

Printer.FontSize = I

Doevents

Printer.Print CStr(I)

Next

thinking maybe the printer didn't have chance to change the size before the next command, but this printed the number 10 twenty times. Is the problem due to the fact that I am used FixedSys for the font? Or is it something else entirely?

In case it matters, I am using a Panasonic 24-pin printer.

Comments

• I assumed that since the printer font looks like FixedSys that it is FixedSys. Wrong. I had merely to add the line Printer.FontName = "FixedSys" to get it working

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

// http://forcoder.org // free video tutorials and ebooks about // MATLAB Visual Basic C++ Java R Scratch PL/SQL PHP Ruby C Python JavaScript Objective-C Visual Basic .NET Go Perl C# Delphi Swift Assembly Awk Clojure Transact-SQL COBOL Ada Alice Crystal Bash Apex Hack Fortran Prolog Kotlin Lisp Rust Scala Scheme SAS Dart Lua Julia Erlang D ABAP VBScript F# FoxPro ML Logo LabVIEW // __