Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Explorer-style folder and file

KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Member Posts: 3,948
I am looking for folder and file listboxes like the ones used by Explorer. I'm guessing these are available as many apps seem to have them...

Thanks,
KDL

Comments

• VB5begginnerVB5begginner Member Posts: 66
    it would be easier if you could find one alread set up correctly, but it wouldnt be all that hard to use the listview control (included in vb6pro) and load the file & folder names from a dirlistbox and a filelistbox...

: I am looking for folder and file listboxes like the ones used by Explorer. I'm guessing these are available as many apps seem to have them...
    :
    : Thanks,
    : KDL
    :

• VB5begginnerVB5begginner Member Posts: 66
    just use a WebBrowser control
  • KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Member Posts: 3,948
    : just use a WebBrowser control
    :

Not bad. That would give me the filelist, but without much programmatic control that I can see. It also doesn't give me the folder tree.

I may end up using the listview control for the file list. It won't be as good as a ready-made file listbox, but it would work. I can't see how to get the folder tree though, since there are a few special folders...
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

___ ( http://forcoder.org ) free video tutorials and ebooks about ( Visual Basic .NET, Scratch, Swift, PHP, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Go, Perl, R, Python, Assembly, C++, MATLAB, Objective-C, Java, Delphi, Visual Basic, Ruby, C#, C Scheme, VBScript, Ada, Crystal, Julia, ABAP, Lisp, Clojure, Dart, LabVIEW, F#, COBOL, Alice, Transact-SQL, Lua, Awk, ML, SAS, Rust, Logo, Scala, Erlang, Hack, Kotlin, D, Apex, Prolog, FoxPro, Bash, Fortran ) ___________