Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Variables from one script to another...

MacLeodMacLeod Posts: 6Member
Hi! i'm finding it hard to pass variables from one script to another. In fact, what i want is this: i have a script which connects to a database and fecthes a blob. I want to pass that blob to another script. Problem is: ">Send isn't working, so can anyone help me out and tell me how to do it?
I've tried to figure out $_SERVER['query_string'], though couldn't quite catch it. Don't know if that's the way. Thks!

MacLeod

Comments

• SouldrinkerSouldrinker Posts: 143Member
    Hm...

three suggestions

1.) Try to pass the variable with the POST Method - build up a formular around this site - and the link you use to get to the other site you fill with something like "javascript:document.forms[0].submit();". It's an easy way becaus POST is not limited in any way.

2.) Do the whole thing using sessions you save in database, there you can save the values each visitor has gathered - then do a cron-job to delete those sessions after a hour or so, when they are no longer needed.

3.) Try to pass all the things you have to do with this blob in one script.

best regards,

sebastian mohrenstecher
    executive secretary
    net::allies

www.net-allies.de
    info@net-allies.de