Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Lost my mouse

MatthewDMatthewD Member Posts: 297
Hi all,

finally got things up and running (Mandrake 8.1).
Everything was working well for the first couple of days -- very excited about Linux. Then my mouse stopped working. ????

I have a Logitech wireless USB mouse which auto-detected on the Linux install. Now (two days later) nothing happens when I move the mouse. [When I boot into Win2K it still works, though.] I can't recall doing "anything" that would have caused the mouse to stop functioning.

I can plug in a PS/2 mouse and that mouse works.

The wireless mouse came with an install disk, but neither Win2K nor my original sessions on Linux needed it.

If I get this problem licked, I'll be extremely satisfied with Linux... even the install is faster and easier than Windows.

Thanks in advance,
Matthew.

Comments

• jeweljewel Member Posts: 52
    : Hi all,
    :
    : finally got things up and running (Mandrake 8.1).
    : Everything was working well for the first couple of days -- very excited about Linux. Then my mouse stopped working. ????
    :
    : I have a Logitech wireless USB mouse which auto-detected on the Linux install. Now (two days later) nothing happens when I move the mouse. [When I boot into Win2K it still works, though.] I can't recall doing "anything" that would have caused the mouse to stop functioning.
    :
    : I can plug in a PS/2 mouse and that mouse works.
    :
    : The wireless mouse came with an install disk, but neither Win2K nor my original sessions on Linux needed it.
    :
    : If I get this problem licked, I'll be extremely satisfied with Linux... even the install is faster and easier than Windows.
    :
    : Thanks in advance,
    : Matthew.
    :

what i think is the problem, is the shitty mandrake. learn nothing, disk hog. Well, enough of my slackware propaganda ;) Anyway, try to run a programm Called "setup" as root. oh, and to see if the xfree config file recgonizes your mouse
    find / -name xfr86config -print
    the mouse parameter is suposed to be /dev/mouse. i think. :P

good luck :)

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

__ | http://forcoder.org | free video tutorials and ebooks about ( R Ruby Objective-C Visual Basic .NET PL/SQL C# MATLAB C Assembly Java Delphi Visual Basic JavaScript PHP Swift Scratch Perl Python Go C++ ML Erlang Awk Dart Lua Scheme VBScript Scala LabVIEW Bash Rust Hack Alice Kotlin F# Logo Fortran Prolog Apex Crystal Transact-SQL Ada COBOL Julia ABAP D SAS Lisp Clojure FoxPro ) ______________