Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

VC++ Members list problem

DigiVampDigiVamp Member Posts: 6
Hi.

I am programming DirectX applications in VC++6. Unfortunately I have a small but irritating problem.
I have installed DX7 SDK and made a couple of programs, but every time I need to call some function or fill some structure I have to call help, because VC6 wont show me Member or Class list. Even worse he wont complete the name of functions and variables so I have to either remember them or look for them in help.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• GenjuroGenjuro Member Posts: 913
    : Hi.
    :
    : I am programming DirectX applications in VC++6. Unfortunately I have a small but irritating problem.
    : I have installed DX7 SDK and made a couple of programs, but every time I need to call some function or fill some structure I have to call help, because VC6 wont show me Member or Class list. Even worse he wont complete the name of functions and variables so I have to either remember them or look for them in help.
    :
    : Any help would be appreciated
    :

No way. VC++ 6 won't help you with DirectX header files, because of the way they're written.
    VC++ .NET will, though.
  • DigiVampDigiVamp Member Posts: 6
    : : Hi.
    : :
    : : I am programming DirectX applications in VC++6. Unfortunately I have a small but irritating problem.
    : : I have installed DX7 SDK and made a couple of programs, but every time I need to call some function or fill some structure I have to call help, because VC6 wont show me Member or Class list. Even worse he wont complete the name of functions and variables so I have to either remember them or look for them in help.
    : : Any help would be appreciated
    :
    : No way. VC++ 6 won't help you with DirectX header files, because of the way they're written.
    : VC++ .NET will, though.
    :

Then why is VC++6 helping me with the DirectX5 headers (included with the Visual Studio)? Are DX5 and DX7 that different?

• GenjuroGenjuro Member Posts: 913
    : : : Hi.
    : : :
    : : : I am programming DirectX applications in VC++6. Unfortunately I have a small but irritating problem.
    : : : I have installed DX7 SDK and made a couple of programs, but every time I need to call some function or fill some structure I have to call help, because VC6 wont show me Member or Class list. Even worse he wont complete the name of functions and variables so I have to either remember them or look for them in help.
    : : : Any help would be appreciated
    : : No way. VC++ 6 won't help you with DirectX header files, because of the way they're written.
    : : VC++ .NET will, though.
    :
    : Then why is VC++6 helping me with the DirectX5 headers (included with the Visual Studio)? Are DX5 and DX7 that different?
    :
    :

It's probably because DX5 has a DirectDraw default interface, while DX7 hasn't. But, I don't really know - I've begun using DirectX from 6 on.
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_________ ( http://forcoder.org ) free video tutorials and ebooks about ( C# Python Assembly Ruby Swift PL/SQL JavaScript Java Delphi Go Perl Visual Basic Objective-C PHP C MATLAB R Scratch C++ Visual Basic .NET Scheme D ML Fortran Transact-SQL ABAP Ada Clojure Prolog F# FoxPro Awk Apex Logo SAS Julia Hack Kotlin Rust Bash Dart Lua Alice VBScript LabVIEW Lisp Erlang Scala Crystal COBOL ) __________