Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

please help a novice: how to make units?

Caesar[LT]Caesar[LT] Member Posts: 2
Part #1: I would like to ask all the smart people ;), how to make units. I know the texts, i write the unit. But then what? It must be in .tpu format, so I save it (for example) by the name myunit.tpu . But when I write 'uses myunit;' an error occurs: 'file not found 'myunit.tpu''. I don't know what to do :/

Part #2: Can anybody send graph.tpu to my email? (emperor@mail.lt) I think I've downloaded a bad Compiler, and there's no tools for graphics :( An error occurs when I run a program with a line 'uses graph;' (again the damn 'File not found 'graph.tpu'').

Comments

• weedsmokaweedsmoka Member Posts: 34
    : Part #1: I would like to ask all the smart people ;), how to make units. I know the texts, i write the unit. But then what? It must be in .tpu format, so I save it (for example) by the name myunit.tpu . But when I write 'uses myunit;' an error occurs: 'file not found 'myunit.tpu''. I don't know what to do :/
    :
    : Part #2: Can anybody send graph.tpu to my email? (emperor@mail.lt) I think I've downloaded a bad Compiler, and there's no tools for graphics :( An error occurs when I run a program with a line 'uses graph;' (again the damn 'File not found 'graph.tpu'').
    : ___________
    : Veni, Vidi, Fugi. :)
    :

i write this assumming you use turbo pascal or borland pascal for DOS.

save your unit with .pas extension. if you compile it to disk a .tpu
    will be produced instead of .exe. if you want to use your unit in a
    program you dont have to have a .tpu file, a .pas source file is
    enough, just make sure the unit name and the file name are the same.
    e.g. unit name: mouse file name: mouse.pas

about graph.tpu:
    you can try 2 things:
    1: search your hard drive for "graph.tpu"
    from the main menu open the options/directories dialog
    in the "unit directories" input box write the directory where your
    units are located.
    or:

2: simply put graph.tpu in the directory where your .pas files are.

i sent a Borland Pascal 7 graph.tpu to your email.

• Caesar[LT]Caesar[LT] Member Posts: 2
    Oki, thx, it works:) (Hooray!! :)
    /me is most gratefull :)
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_________ // http://forcoder.org // free ebooks and video tutorials about [ R, PHP, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Scratch, Perl, Visual Basic, C#, Objective-C, C, Assembly, Go, MATLAB, Ruby, Java, Visual Basic .NET, Swift, Delphi, C++ D, Hack, Transact-SQL, Scala, Prolog, Lua, Ada, Alice, FoxPro, LabVIEW, Awk, COBOL, VBScript, Lisp, Fortran, Julia, F#, Erlang, Dart, Bash, Rust, SAS, Scheme, Logo, Kotlin, Crystal, Apex, ML, ABAP, Clojure ] __________