Porting from NES to PC?

Hey guys. Great website here. Im glad to see that such a community for programmers exists. Anyways, Im pretty new to programming. I know BASIC and very little C, but Im learning the language more and more each day. My desire to learn is their, Im just not sure what avenue to take. Anyways, my goal is to take the great NES game, Tecmo Super Bowl and re-create it as a PC game, perhaps with additional features and touched up graphics. Is their anyway I can get the source to the game from off the ROM or am I gonna be building this from scratch? If I could do this in C or C++ that would be great. Could someone give me some advice as to how to get started on this project? Any help would be appreciated!

'Fish

Comments

• : Hey guys. Great website here. Im glad to see that such a community for programmers exists. Anyways, Im pretty new to programming. I know BASIC and very little C, but Im learning the language more and more each day. My desire to learn is their, Im just not sure what avenue to take. Anyways, my goal is to take the great NES game, Tecmo Super Bowl and re-create it as a PC game, perhaps with additional features and touched up graphics. Is their anyway I can get the source to the game from off the ROM or am I gonna be building this from scratch? If I could do this in C or C++ that would be great. Could someone give me some advice as to how to get started on this project? Any help would be appreciated!
    :
    : 'Fish
    :

Well, if you want to port this game's source code to PC, you would have to first disassemble it, and then convert its ASM source to 80x86 ASM. Another (easier) way to do this would be to simply rip the graphics from the ROM (Look at the ROM hacking section on www.zophar.net), and recreate the program itself from scratch, in whatever language you want.

• Or even easier... take the source to some NES emulator and modify it... delete the GUI code and change it to only load the Tecmo Super Bowl ROM.

Probably illegal though.

: : Hey guys. Great website here. Im glad to see that such a community for programmers exists. Anyways, Im pretty new to programming. I know BASIC and very little C, but Im learning the language more and more each day. My desire to learn is their, Im just not sure what avenue to take. Anyways, my goal is to take the great NES game, Tecmo Super Bowl and re-create it as a PC game, perhaps with additional features and touched up graphics. Is their anyway I can get the source to the game from off the ROM or am I gonna be building this from scratch? If I could do this in C or C++ that would be great. Could someone give me some advice as to how to get started on this project? Any help would be appreciated!
    : :
    : : 'Fish
    : :
    :
    : Well, if you want to port this game's source code to PC, you would have to first disassemble it, and then convert its ASM source to 80x86 ASM. Another (easier) way to do this would be to simply rip the graphics from the ROM (Look at the ROM hacking section on www.zophar.net), and recreate the program itself from scratch, in whatever language you want.
    :
    :