Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

help biluding new dos (disk oprating system)

mayorpatmayorpat Posts: 7Member
i want to biuld a new stable crash proof gui oprating system and the first thing I think I need to do is biuld a dos(disk oprating system)and a new file system. So I need info on the right languige to use.

i think if microsoft would have talord a new dos to windows rather than forcing ms dos and win 3.1 - me to work together in my opinon would av made for a stable os

Comments

• jeffpostjeffpost Posts: 316Member
    : i want to biuld a new stable crash proof gui oprating system and the first thing I think I need to do is biuld a dos(disk oprating system)and a new file system. So I need info on the right languige to use.
    :
    : i think if microsoft would have talord a new dos to windows rather than forcing ms dos and win 3.1 - me to work together in my opinon would av made for a stable os
    :

www.freedos.org

• beyondsocietybeyondsociety Posts: 14Member
    You could use assembly but you would have to know alot before you could start. You will have to look at how the dos memory manager works and how dos interfaces with the hardware and the software. You should look at the DPMI interface as that is what does uses.

A guy has actually created a DOS clone. You could look at his source code, its in assembly. Do a search on google or msn and type in DS-OS.

Hope this helps, you could also look at Freedos but you wouldn't get anyhelp from them if you were using assembly since they are writing it in a high-level language unlike assembly which is a low-level language.

• emu8086emu8086 Posts: 125Member
    This tiny tutorial may help:

Micro Operating System v1.0
    This is a very basic example of a tiny operating system. This OS can be loaded on floppy disk. Tutorial, full 8086 instruction set, information about some basic interrupts are also included.

Get it from here:

http://www.programmersheaven.com/search/download.asp?FileID=22432

Good luck!

• PharabeePharabee Posts: 84Member

I will Help you. Im still studying VESA mode. also I want to know how to Allocate memory More than 1MB. I use int 0x2f.
    Contact me. Im using Emu8086 to compile it. It is Nice.

check this:
    http://city.boleh.com/~vampire_strikes/DownLoad/DownLoad.htm
    I want some Comment about my HackTools