Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How do I start?

eirikstroemmeeirikstroemme Member Posts: 2
Hello all to all you programmers out there!

I have long had the urge to learn pr. but have never actually tried before now. I talked a bit around and found out that Basic was somwhat an easy way to learn programming. Is this right. I read a guide or two and downloaded the IBASIC 1.97, but now I`m stuck! How do I learn the ACTUAL programming??? I don`t have a slightest idea of what to write, where to write it and how to tritw it. If anyone could give me any pinpoints AT ALL just to get me started I would be more than greatful. I don`t know how you guys got started with this,but I guess that at leat SOME of you got some help just to get started...

Looking forward for any help you got up your sleeve!

Lord_Rikky

Comments

• TheB18TheB18 Member Posts: 104
    Hey,

Qbasic is a right choice to start with.
    It's an easy language to learn.
    There are many books and websites with many examples...
    But, if u didn't wrote any test program yet, u can try some like this.
    Just press F5 after typing the following code in the QB editor:

CLS
    PRINT "This is my first Qbasic program."
    INPUT$ "What is your name? ", name$
    PRINT "Your name is ", name$

You ll see the result...

In case y'r interested in the QB7 compiler (to create *.exe files from your qbasic files) or you need some examples, send me a reply....

Greetings,

TheB18
  • Josh CodeJosh Code Member Posts: 675
    I haven't used IBasic. If it is an IDE(integrated development environment), it should have an area for typing code. Try downloading some source code and opening it. This should show you more about how to program in it.

If you want to download QBasic, you can get it from:
    http://www.tcdn.teiher.gr/upload/viewfiles.asp?catid=03

: Hello all to all you programmers out there!
    :
    : I have long had the urge to learn pr. but have never actually tried before now. I talked a bit around and found out that Basic was somwhat an easy way to learn programming. Is this right. I read a guide or two and downloaded the IBASIC 1.97, but now I`m stuck! How do I learn the ACTUAL programming??? I don`t have a slightest idea of what to write, where to write it and how to tritw it. If anyone could give me any pinpoints AT ALL just to get me started I would be more than greatful. I don`t know how you guys got started with this,but I guess that at leat SOME of you got some help just to get started...
    :
    : Looking forward for any help you got up your sleeve!
    :
    : Lord_Rikky
    :

• eirikstroemmeeirikstroemme Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the start help. Just one more dumb question and I`m on my way...

Where can I get my hands on QBasic???

Please help me...
  • Josh CodeJosh Code Member Posts: 675
    : Thanks for the start help. Just one more dumb question and I`m on my way...
    :
    : Where can I get my hands on QBasic???
    :
    : Please help me...
    :

Click the link I made before. That will take you to a site where you can get it. I recommend QBasic 4.5.
  • eikedehlingeikedehling Member Posts: 123
    : Hello all to all you programmers out there!
    :
    : I have long had the urge to learn pr. but have never actually tried before now. I talked a bit around and found out that Basic was somwhat an easy way to learn programming. Is this right. I read a guide or two and downloaded the IBASIC 1.97, but now I`m stuck! How do I learn the ACTUAL programming??? I don`t have a slightest idea of what to write, where to write it and how to tritw it. If anyone could give me any pinpoints AT ALL just to get me started I would be more than greatful. I don`t know how you guys got started with this,but I guess that at leat SOME of you got some help just to get started...
    :
    : Looking forward for any help you got up your sleeve!
    :
    : Lord_Rikky
    :
    I would suggest downloading 'Quick basic 4.5' or something like that. It's the more standard 'compiler'.

Then try doing some very basic programms: asking the user for his name, writing 'hello [user]' and some simple calculator or the like.

the first program you might start with:
    [code]
    PRINT "HELLO WOLRD!"
    INPUT "PLEASE ENTER YOUR NAME: ", name$
    PRINT "HELLO" + name + "how are you ?"
    INPUT howareyou$
    IF howareyou$ = "fine" THEN
    PRINT "good to hear that. i'm fine as wel!"
    ELSE
    PRINT "i'm sorry for you. Didn't you sleep well?"
    END IF
    PRINT "Good bye for now! I got to go."
    [/code]

it's not much, but at least it's a program :) Everyone starts with such programms once ...

Eike.

SUSE LINUX 7.3 PRO - The world starts behind windows

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

___ // http://forcoder.org // free ebooks and video tutorials about | MATLAB, Visual Basic .NET, Scratch, C#, C++, Delphi, Swift, Java, Assembly, Go, Python, Ruby, C, JavaScript, Perl, Visual Basic, Objective-C, R, PL/SQL, PHP Awk, Lisp, Scala, Clojure, FoxPro, LabVIEW, Erlang, Bash, Julia, Scheme, VBScript, Lua, Crystal, SAS, Transact-SQL, Apex, Rust, Fortran, D, Kotlin, Ada, COBOL, Alice, F#, Dart, Prolog, Hack, ML, Logo, ABAP | ____________