Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Displaying windows icon resource images in opengl.

The answer to this question will probably be a resounding 'nay'. Can anybody please tell me if it is possible to display icon images from the resource file in visual c++ 6 (in windows98se) using opengl? I can display icons in the client area of a window using the win32 api (using HICON data types).

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : The answer to this question will probably be a resounding 'nay'. Can anybody please tell me if it is possible to display icon images from the resource file in visual c++ 6 (in windows98se) using opengl? I can display icons in the client area of a window using the win32 api (using HICON data types).
    :
    Read in the plain RGBA values (or RGB, your choice) into an array the size of the image. You can now mipmap or do whatever you want to it! I even wrote a command-line app that will open a bitmap up to 512x512 in size and grab the RGBA data and store just that array. Now an OpenGL app comes along and simple has to open and read the file! Simple, eh? I use this "plain RGBA array" format in my OpenGL engine so I don't have to parse through a BITMAPFILEHEADER and BITMAPINFOHEADER, which does increase load-times according to my actual testing.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

_____ [ http://forcoder.org ] free video tutorials and ebooks about < Python Perl Delphi Visual Basic .NET Scratch Visual Basic R Ruby Assembly Objective-C PL/SQL PHP MATLAB JavaScript C# C Java Go C++ Swift Lisp SAS VBScript Prolog COBOL ML Clojure Erlang Scheme Scala Crystal Julia Awk Alice F# Ada Fortran Kotlin Bash Apex Hack Dart Logo D Lua ABAP FoxPro LabVIEW Rust Transact-SQL /> _______