Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

free report writer?

Hi

Does anyone know of a free report writer or a cheap report writer whether it is freeware, commercial or shareware, that can be used by
VB6 and that is OLEDB compliant? I tried the Data Report, but I don't
like it much. I guess I am looking for an alternative to the rather expensive Crystal Reports.

Thanks

Heine

Comments

• lionblionb Member Posts: 1,688 ✭✭
    : Hi
    :
    : Does anyone know of a free report writer or a cheap report writer whether it is freeware, commercial or shareware, that can be used by
    : VB6 and that is OLEDB compliant? I tried the Data Report, but I don't
    : like it much. I guess I am looking for an alternative to the rather expensive Crystal Reports.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    : Heine
    :
    :
    [red][b]GOOD LUCK[/b][/red]
  • infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : : Does anyone know of a free report writer or a cheap report writer whether it is freeware, commercial or shareware, that can be used by
    : : VB6 and that is OLEDB compliant? I tried the Data Report, but I don't
    : : like it much. I guess I am looking for an alternative to the rather expensive Crystal Reports.

It's not the most elegant solution that I've found yet, mainly because of using Visual Basic as an "intermediary" between the Oracle database and java XML processors from Apache. I highly recommend checking out FOP, the Formatting Objects Processor from Apache. You'll need an understanding of XML and XSL stylesheets, though.
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_______ // http://forcoder.org // free ebooks and video tutorials about / Assembly R C Objective-C Python Scratch C# Visual Basic .NET Swift C++ Ruby Delphi PL/SQL PHP MATLAB Java JavaScript Go Perl Visual Basic Scheme Alice Hack ML Awk Scala Julia Lua Apex VBScript Prolog Transact-SQL Kotlin Lisp Clojure Rust Dart SAS Bash ABAP FoxPro Erlang Ada F# LabVIEW Fortran D COBOL Logo Crystal / ____