Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Can't find the problem, compiler bug?

ezequieldelucaezequieldeluca Member Posts: 3
Hi people,
well, I've been making a basic CD library eith Pascal 7.0 and can't get my REMOVE and ORDENATION procedures right... They have similar structure, and when I call any of them they just end up EMPTYING my library storage file... They SHOULD basically copy the file into an auxiliar file (making the right changes, of course) and then copy the changed file back into the original one...I can't see any logical mistake and nor syntax (it's compiling), I think it might be a compiler bug... If anyone now of a well known bug or has any idea please contact me (I can send ya the source code), I REALLY need help with this...
Thanks for your attention people,
Ezequiel

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Hi people,
    : well, I've been making a basic CD library eith Pascal 7.0 and can't get my REMOVE and ORDENATION procedures right... They have similar structure, and when I call any of them they just end up EMPTYING my library storage file... They SHOULD basically copy the file into an auxiliar file (making the right changes, of course) and then copy the changed file back into the original one...I can't see any logical mistake and nor syntax (it's compiling), I think it might be a compiler bug... If anyone now of a well known bug or has any idea please contact me (I can send ya the source code), I REALLY need help with this...
    : Thanks for your attention people,
    : Ezequiel
    :
    It will probably be a small syntax bug. If you post one of your procedures, then we could see if it truly is a compiler bug (which I very much doubt).
  • ezequieldelucaezequieldeluca Member Posts: 3
    I already found the problem and, as you said, it really
    wasn,t a compiler bug, but a labelling error. I was using a
    "ArqCDlib.dat" file and a "Arqcdlibaux.dat" (if I rememmber well...)
    and pascal interpereted it as the same file ( 8 character name).
    The small mistakes are the hardest to find, aren't they?
    Thanx for your attention man,
    Ezequiel
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

________ [ http://forcoder.org ] free ebooks and video tutorials about // Scratch R Swift Perl C Visual Basic .NET Visual Basic Delphi Go MATLAB PHP C# PL/SQL Assembly Ruby Objective-C Python C++ JavaScript Java COBOL Apex Transact-SQL Hack SAS FoxPro F# Scala Rust D Fortran VBScript ABAP ML Scheme Erlang Clojure Bash Crystal Lua Kotlin Ada Julia Logo Prolog Dart Awk LabVIEW Alice Lisp // _________