Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dynamic URLs with Java Beans

dmjoshdmjosh Member Posts: 12
Hi all -
I'm really pulling my hair out on this one and am facing a pretty harsh deadline.

I am writing a pretty basic contact management web app. In one page "employeeExpansion.jsp", I am pulling all of the employees in the database down using a Jakarta's DBTags tag library. This returns a list of employee contact IDs, and I am then setting the contact ID to my employeeInfo bean:

' />
Bean's ContactId =

This all appears to work correctly. When I click on the resulting URL, I want to display a page with all of the Employee's pertinent information (title, address, etc.) This is all handled through the bean. The resulting page (employeeInfo.jsp) begins with the following jsp:usebean tag:

But it isn't allowing me to get to the selected Employee's information.

I assume that this is a scoping issue, but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Could someone please point me in the right direction or give me an idea of how to handle these dynamically generated URLs better?

Thanks!
Josh

Comments

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

__ || http://forcoder.org || free video tutorials and ebooks about / Assembly, MATLAB, PL/SQL, C, Python, JavaScript, Swift, Visual Basic, PHP, R, Java, Go, Perl, Ruby, Visual Basic .NET, C#, Delphi, C++, Scratch, Objective-C D, F#, VBScript, SAS, Bash, Apex, Scala, LabVIEW, ABAP, Ada, Rust, Erlang, Alice, Lisp, Crystal, FoxPro, Dart, Hack, ML, Lua, Logo, Kotlin, Julia, COBOL, Awk, Prolog, Scheme, Clojure, Fortran, Transact-SQL / _____