Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

basic help needed for vga programming

itmprasitmpras Member Posts: 36
hello friends we are intented to develop a vga graphics library in dos platform . i am able to display 256 color but i am not able to get higher resolution, at present we are getting 240,320 resolution only , how can i increase the resolution of a vga program and also pls tell me highest resolution possible in dos .
thanking u

Comments

• DariusDarius Member Posts: 1,666
    : hello friends we are intented to develop a vga graphics library in dos platform . i am able to display 256 color but i am not able to get higher resolution, at present we are getting 240,320 resolution only , how can i increase the resolution of a vga program and also pls tell me highest resolution possible in dos .
    : thanking u
    :
    :

The highest resolution possible in DOS is the highest resolution your video card can handle. DOS isn't limiting you (though without XMS, EMS, DPMI or something real-mode will, for example you won't be able to software double buffer a 1024x768x24bpp screen in real-mode). Of course, if you want a high-res high color depth display then you'll entering the world of SVGA. Finally, I hope you are doing this merely for the fun of it as a) there are billions of VGA libraries out there, b) VGA is outdated, c) software graphics libraries aren't worthwhile for many uses, oh and d) DOS is outdated.

"We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_ / http://forcoder.org / free video tutorials and ebooks about < Perl PL/SQL Visual Basic Go C++ Python Assembly Objective-C Java C Scratch C# PHP JavaScript R Delphi MATLAB Swift Visual Basic .NET Ruby Lua LabVIEW Ada D COBOL Awk FoxPro Bash VBScript Julia Apex Prolog Kotlin Transact-SQL Logo Lisp F# Erlang Scheme SAS Dart Alice Hack Fortran Scala ABAP Crystal Clojure ML Rust /> __________