Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Understanding Nucleus RTOS Concepts

Hi ...
Is there anybody who could share some basic principles of Nucleus programming .... a simple project implementation.... programming techiniques... Boot file ... interrupt handling....etc... I have the manuals ... but ur help will be of great deal...

Thanks
San

Comments

• nickhinickhi Posts: 1Member
    : Hi ...
    : Is there anybody who could share some basic principles of Nucleus programming .... a simple project implementation.... programming techiniques... Boot file ... interrupt handling....etc... I have the manuals ... but ur help will be of great deal...
    :
    : Thanks
    : San
    :

I have used Nucleus for a number of years and may be able to help. Can you let me know what exactly your having trouble with. The examples in the Reference manual are a good starting point though.

Nick
  • sanjeev1579sanjeev1579 Posts: 3Member
    : : Hi ...
    : : Is there anybody who could share some basic principles of Nucleus programming .... a simple project implementation.... programming techiniques... Boot file ... interrupt handling....etc... I have the manuals ... but ur help will be of great deal...
    : :
    : : Thanks
    : : San
    :
    : I have used Nucleus for a number of years and may be able to help. Can you let me know what exactly your having trouble with. The examples in the Reference manual are a good starting point though.
    :
    : Nick
    :

Hi Nick
    Thats great...Let me put where I am In Nucleus... I am just a beginner ( with Zero practical implementation). pretty strong in RTOS concepts.. strong enough on POSIX Coz i work on SOlaris and Linux ...

I need your help for setting up an environment to work on Nucleus. I have the software.. I installed it. It asks for a compiler, and when I looked into the net DIAB C/C++ compiler was the solution (Pretty Xpensive for a individual to buy it). What is your advise on that (Can any GNU compiler be used? if not i need to wait to catch up the DIAB one from somewhere...probably a day or two).

I also need to know the IDE that can be used . how do i setup a IDE for development ( Is there any Open GNU or Not much Xpensive one... Which one are you using... WHich one is preferred ? )... I am stuck here and couldnt go ahead.... I can try some programs and get some confidence if this part is cleared...

Your sugesstions and advise would be of great help.
    Thanks
    Sanjeev

• eastwelleastwell Posts: 1Member
    You may useing gcc-68k / diab / SDS compiler etc.
    The IDE ... I think the SDS is not bad.

By the way, witch edition of nucleus ?

: : : Hi ...
    : : : Is there anybody who could share some basic principles of Nucleus programming .... a simple project implementation.... programming techiniques... Boot file ... interrupt handling....etc... I have the manuals ... but ur help will be of great deal...
    : : :
    : : : Thanks
    : : : San
    : : :
    : : I have used Nucleus for a number of years and may be able to help. Can you let me know what exactly your having trouble with. The examples in the Reference manual are a good starting point though.
    : : Nick
    :
    :
    :
    : Hi Nick
    : Thats great...Let me put where I am In Nucleus... I am just a beginner ( with Zero practical implementation). pretty strong in RTOS concepts.. strong enough on POSIX Coz i work on SOlaris and Linux ...
    :
    : I need your help for setting up an environment to work on Nucleus. I have the software.. I installed it. It asks for a compiler, and when I looked into the net DIAB C/C++ compiler was the solution (Pretty Xpensive for a individual to buy it). What is your advise on that (Can any GNU compiler be used? if not i need to wait to catch up the DIAB one from somewhere...probably a day or two).
    :
    : I also need to know the IDE that can be used . how do i setup a IDE for development ( Is there any Open GNU or Not much Xpensive one... Which one are you using... WHich one is preferred ? )... I am stuck here and couldnt go ahead.... I can try some programs and get some confidence if this part is cleared...
    :
    : Your sugesstions and advise would be of great help.
    : Thanks
    : Sanjeev
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :