Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

CScrollBar is gettin' uppity!

BriballBriball Member Posts: 265
The problem: When trying to view large documents in CScrollView, the scrollbar's range isn't enough.

The formula: to find the range i use numberoflines * pixelheightofchar.

This doesn't seem to do it when using SetScrollSizes in OnInitialUpdate. It DOES work using SCROLLINFO and SetScrollInfo, but then I lose thumbtracking (without more work to code it in). What gives with SetScrollSizes? Is there some limitation that isn't in the documentation?

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : The problem: When trying to view large documents in CScrollView, the scrollbar's range isn't enough.
    :
    : The formula: to find the range i use numberoflines * pixelheightofchar.
    :
    : This doesn't seem to do it when using SetScrollSizes in OnInitialUpdate. It DOES work using SCROLLINFO and SetScrollInfo, but then I lose thumbtracking (without more work to code it in). What gives with SetScrollSizes? Is there some limitation that isn't in the documentation?
    :
    [blue]You should scroll by lines, not by pixels. The scroll range in text documents is: [0..line count of the document].[/blue]
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

_________ ( http://forcoder.org ) free ebooks and video tutorials about || PL/SQL, Swift, C++, JavaScript, Java, C, Python, Visual Basic, Go, Ruby, C#, Perl, Scratch, Visual Basic .NET, Delphi, Assembly, R, MATLAB, Objective-C, PHP Julia, Transact-SQL, Alice, ML, Bash, Ada, Prolog, Dart, Apex, VBScript, Erlang, Fortran, Lua, Kotlin, F#, Hack, Lisp, FoxPro, Rust, Crystal, Clojure, Scheme, Logo, COBOL, SAS, LabVIEW, ABAP, Scala, Awk, D || __________