Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Where to start

Dias2002Dias2002 Posts: 1Member
I just want to start learnig assembly. Can you tell me what is the best way to start. Where to look for info on the internet?

Comments

• DariusDarius Posts: 1,666Member
    : I just want to start learnig assembly. Can you tell me what is the best way to start. Where to look for info on the internet?
    :

The best way to start is probably to take a class and buy a big fat book.

Failing that the Art of Assembly (webster.ucr.edu) is a big fat book that you can download for free online. I always recommend reading the DOS version first even if you don't intend on making DOS programs. There's stuff in it that's less important in Linux/Windows, but that is still nice to know. For example, there is an entire multi-threading program which illustrates what you need to know and goes over common issues with multithreaded programs that isn't in the Windows/Linux versions as under those OSes you'd pretty much call some createThread routine and call it a day.

"We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion

• emu8086emu8086 Posts: 125Member
    Try emu8086:

http://www.geocities.com/emu8086/

it is both 8086 microprocessor simulator and assembly reference with
    step by step tutorials.