Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

VB DIRECTDRAW programming tips and tricks

QweetQweet Member Posts: 15
These are just a few tips and tricks I've discovered on my amazing trek through directdraw programming.

1)
When you're doing fullscreen games and you move the mouse you will see ugly blocky things on the screen and the cursor is annoying. Just go
Public Declare Function ShowCursor Lib "user32" (ByVal bShow As Long) As Long

and at the beginning of your code just go
ShowCursor 0
and the cursor will be gone.
(Just make sure you turn it back on when the form unloads, ShowCursor 1)

2)
When you're programming you will often make errors but with the fullscreen you can't minimize or anything! What I've discovered is go CTRL+BREAK, and then hit ALT+R and push Up on the keyboard twice, this ends the program. Then the problem VB was trying to tell you about will be highlited!

Comments

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

__ { http://forcoder.org } free video tutorials and ebooks about / Java Delphi Perl PHP JavaScript Scratch C# C C++ Python Swift Objective-C R Go Ruby Assembly Visual Basic .NET Visual Basic MATLAB PL/SQL Logo Ada Hack Julia F# COBOL Alice Awk Dart ABAP Scheme Kotlin D Crystal Prolog VBScript LabVIEW Erlang Clojure Scala SAS Lisp Rust FoxPro Bash ML Transact-SQL Lua Apex Fortran / ______________